Get ready for vegan gold-- you're going to want to put this Vegan Chipotle Cheddar Cheese Sauce on everything. It is decadent, creamy, cheesy, and packed with the perfect amount of spice!
- 2 cups peeled and chopped Yukon gold potatoes
- 1 cup peeled and chopped carrots
- 1/2 cup raw cashews
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk (or non-dairy milk of choice)
- 1/2 cup nutritional yeast
- 1 chipotle pepper in adobo
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- Black pepper to taste, if desired
- Bring a medium pot of water to a boil, and place the potatoes, carrots, and cashews in once boiling. Simmer for about 20 minutes, or until fork-tender. Drain and transfer to a high-speed blender.
- Add the remaining ingredients into the blender and blend until completely smooth.
- Serve with your favorite crackers and veggies as a dip or use it as a cheese sauce over baked potatoes, french fries, steamed broccoli, etc.!
- If you have leftovers, store them in a sealed airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.