These perfectly fluffy pancakes will satisfy your pumpkin spice cravings this fall – without all the calories and carbs. Delicious and healthy at the same time!
- 1 cup almond flour or gf flour of choice
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp organic cinnamon
- ¼ tsp organic nutmeg
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- ¾ cup canned pumpkin puree
- 1 flax egg 1 tbsp chia 3 tbsp water
- 3 tbsp pure maple syrup
- 2 tbsp butter coconut oil if vegan
- 1½ tsp vanilla extract
- 1½ tsp apple cider vinegar
- In a large mixing bowl, combine dry ingredients and whisk together.
- Add almond milk, pumpkin puree, eggs, syrup, butter, vanilla, and apple cider vinegar. Using a hand mixer (I use this one) or a blender, mix on low for about 20 seconds or until smooth.
- Grease a frying pan with oil of choice or butter and heat on medium.
- Spoon batter into skillet, I did about 2 heaping tbsp and cook for 3-5 minutes per side, or until browned and cooked through. Continue with remainder of batter, or refrigerate to use for later. Serve with a dollop of butter or pure maple syrup and sprinkle cinnamon on top. Or of course fresh fruit, the toppings are endless. Enjoy!
- *a flax egg is equal to 1 Tbsp flaxseed meal and 3 Tbsp wat